Re: Info on Free Trade Zones?
by Elson Boles
15 November 2002 21:35 UTC

Title: Message
That is a great film.

However, I've also been using two shorter and equally good films, which are for me preferable precisely because they're shorter and to the point:
Banking on Life and Debt and
The Global Banquet: the politics of food, peace, and justice.

They're cheap and fantastic for undergraduates.  Order at: http://www.maryknoll.org/MALL/VIDEO/vform.htm

I've set up exercises for students to complete after viewing the videos:
See http://www.svsu.edu/~boles/125/videoQs/bankondebt.htm and http://www.svsu.edu/~boles/125/videoQs/global_banquet.htm

For additional research for students, see the POV website: http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2001/lifeanddebt/moreabouttheissues.html (on IMF, WB, and WTO)

and http://www.pbs.org/pov/pov2001/lifeanddebt/resources.html (for additional links and resources).

Elson
-----Original Message-----
From: wsn-owner@csf.colorado.edu [mailto:wsn-owner@csf.colorado.edu] On Behalf Of Khaldoun Samman
Sent: Friday, November 15, 2002 3:16 PM
To: wsn@csf.colorado.edu
Subject: Info on Free Trade Zones?

Hi all,

After watching the POV film, "Life and Debt," I have two students who are interested in doing some research on the topic of "free trade zones" and World Bank policies that make them possible.   So I'd like to ask if any of you know of any good sources to turn to, books, organizations, articles...?

Also, what country you'd recommend as a good subject for studying free trade zones?

Thanks, Khaldoun Samman

Do you Yahoo!?