Re: Anglo-German competition for Zionist support in WWI
by Buddy Grizzard
23 October 2002 02:38 UTC

I know of few people who are doing more right now to prevent FUTURE
genocides than John Leonard. If you think he should have used the word
"atrocities" instead of "excesses," that's certainly a defensible opinion.
But to suggest that John is engaging in apologetics by using a milder word
than you would have preferred is simple absurdity.

Buddy Grizzard
Press Secretary, Garrett for Governor, Georgia Green Party

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Alan Spector" <spectors@netnitco.net>
To: <wsn@csf.colorado.edu>
Subject: Re: Anglo-German competition for Zionist support in WWI
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 20:52:29 -0500

I am generally, but not absolutely opposed to censorship. Nobody is
absolutely opposed to censorship, no matter what they say. The question is
where one draws the line.

I draw the line at someone referring to the Nazi war against the Jews,
so-called "gypsies", the Russian people, Slavic people in general, as well
as the other victims---totalling tens of millions of civilians killed by the
Nazis------referring to that as "Hitler's excesses". (see Leonard's original
post below). It should make other members of the WSN list uneasy that this
type of posting appears on a list with which we are all associated.

I write this as someone who is absolutely opposed to the US government and
the Israeli government's murderous wars against Arab people and who has
publicly stated so to thousands of people, (and with, of course, the
understanding that terrorist attacks against civilians, including Jewish
civilians in Israel is also inexcusable).

Alan Spector