Stream and Sequence Pictorials
by Luke Rondinaro
02 October 2002 18:51 UTC

John Landon wrote:

<Is the stream and sequence concept clear? I fear it doesn't register on anyone, and it is actually kind of mindboggling. >

I think it’s clear enough.  “Rough” analogies to it would be:

 underlying currents in bodies of water [[Stream Concept]] upon which surface phenomena (waves) move in the system {Sequence] – and upon which surface debris floats, + fish, ducks, seagulls, etc. interacting with (in/upon) watery surface

underlying changes within the earth … plate movements/fault line activity … earthquakes

geothermal changes w/I the earth … crust activity/reservoir of magma … venting/volcanos

earth’s rotation … changes in air masses … winds … weather

These are probably not even the best of analogies to use, but I think they give an indication of what’s involved w/ yr. Stream & Sequence dynamics; they may suffice even to help people think up of better analogies.

In any case I’ve come up w/ a set of diagrammatic symbols & pictorials to represent these dynamics you talk about in your book.  I’m not sure they’d work too well as attachments, but if you (or anyone else) would like to see them, just get in touch with me & I’ll send them to your addresses by snail-mail.  They’re not the best; just intuitive diagrams I put together upon a closer look at your systems concepts.  There’s no higher math or geometry to them as yet, but they should be able to help better express what’s going on with your model (or at least point to areas where your ideas are being misconstrued).

Suffice it to say, we can use the following symbolisms as guides in our discussion.  I imagine a rectangular field-frame to human history with three hill-peaks to it.  Three humps extend out of the field-frame.  The top of the field-frame where the peaks arise is the event horizon of world history.  Bridging the demarcations of the field-frame [six of them in all] represented by vertical lines each setting the boundaries of the curves and their outlying humps, which are almost like icebergs emersed in the field-frame, is the Sequence pictorial that I’ve drawn as an extended line of: [IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII].  Within the field frame is the Stream Pictorial, which I represent as an overlay of three lines of extended [~~~~~~~~] characters.

A clustering of dots represents “flare activity” at the “humps” of the three turning points.

More to come ...

Luke R.

Do you Yahoo!?