Re: The Eonic Effect and the problem of evidence
by Nemonemini
25 September 2002 00:18 UTC

Let me comment on a few things here.
My model is of progressive cyclicity, not or cyclical recurrence.
The feedback device in a room shows cyclical recurrence, perhaps, but that is
not a property of the events in the room where the device is located.
Thus in world history we see a series of transitions in a sort of cyclicity,
but this is progressive. That is, civilization as a whole is developing or
not on its own terms, the recurret cyclicity of phases seems to simply come
on schedule to bring directionality to that entity.
In any case comparing the one to one match of centuries in my model is not
legitimate. We won't ever find the match with the Myceneans and the European
middle Ages.
It sometimes seems to work because we see a 'middle period' in my first era
of eonic sequence, and a middle period in the second. The sense of comparison
is intriguing, but it never works because these are not cycles of
civilizations, but cycles of directional transformation of whatever lies in
the path of the eonic sequence.
And that seems to act on schedule indepently of content found in its path,
more or less.
One consequence of this is that decline and collapse are not part of the
model.
It may be true that some civilizations collapse, but the eonic model shows
only rise and rise in phase, but not decline which is not entailed by the
model.
To see this note that the model applies to the history of China, yet we see
no Dark Ages, and it never collapses. It just goes on and on.
This model then has little relation to the civiliztions it refers to!!!!

In a message dated 9/24/02 6:23:50 PM Eastern Daylight Time,