NYTimes.com Article: Fried Chicken Takes Flight, Happily Nesting in U.S.
by swsystem
20 September 2002 11:48 UTC

This article from NYTimes.com
has been sent to you by swsystem@aol.com.

I guess you could say the chicken's of globalization are coming home to roost.

Steven Sherman

<<<even with the increasing Latino population in the United States, there were
some doubts whether the company could compete in the land of Kentucky Fried
Chicken. Any doubts soon vanished, however, amid the long lines of apparently
insatiable customers.

"We are cheeky, eh?" said Rodolfo Jiménez, Pollo Campero's director of
international strategic marketing. "At the end of the day, we are selling fried
chicken, and what is more American than that? But we are also selling the Latin
concept, which nobody else has. The difference is when you go to our
restaurant, it's Latin service in a Latin environment.">>>>

swsystem@aol.com

Fried Chicken Takes Flight, Happily Nesting in U.S.

September 20, 2002
By DAVID GONZALEZ

Guatemala's popular fast food chain, Pollo Campero, is
opening stores in U.S. cities that are home to many Central
Americans.

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/09/20/international/americas/20GUAT.html?ex=1033522114&ei=1&en=f90b0ec0cf399bbf

HOW TO ADVERTISE
onlinesales@nytimes.com or visit our online media
kit at http://www.nytimes.com/adinfo

help@nytimes.com.

Copyright 2002 The New York Times Company