Posts
by TERRENCE JOHN MCDONOUGH

Dear wsn,

The Centre for Innovation & Structural Change (CISC) at the Faculty of
Commerce, National
University of Ireland, Galway has recently received substantial funding for
Research Fellows
and postgraduate studentships.  In addition to its current five areas of
research priority, the
Centre is planning to establish an area for the study of the Political Economy
of Global
Restructuring.  We are currently seeking applications for the Fellowships and
studentships.
Details are at the end of this message.  Applications from those interested in
approaching one
or more of the Centre’s interests from the Social Structure of
Accumulation/Regulation/Long
Wave perspective would be especially welcome.  Applicants can also contact me
on an
informal basis.  Please pass this on to anyone you know who might be interested.

I am also hoping to organize a panel at the January 3-5, 2003 URPE/ASSA
sessions in
Washington DC on the topic of Marxian Stage Theories of Capitalism and the
Globalization
Debate and/or Are We in a New Stage of Capitalism/Long Wave.  Anyone who would
like to
propose a paper can reach me at { HYPERLINK
"mailto:terrence.mcdonough@nuigalway.ie" }terrence.mcdonough@nuigalway.ie

CENTRE FOR INNOVATION & STRUCTURAL CHANGE

RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS AND POSTGRADUATE STUDENTSHIPS

The newly established Centre for Innovation & Structural Change (CISC)
at the National University of Ireland, Galway, invites applications for
up to 5 postdoctoral Research Fellows and 12 postgraduate Studentships
in the broad field of innovation studies. This comprises a range of
disciplines, including economics, management, industrial relations,
geography, political science, information systems and engineering.

Information on the posts and application details are available at
<www.nuigalway.ie/cisc>

The closing date for applications is May 17.