Re: Transnational Terrorism (Stemplowski, editor)
by pat lauderdale

THE STATE OF TERROR by Annamarie Oliverio published in 1998 by SUNY Press, with
Foreword by Gunder Frank presents a serious theory of terrorism.  And, it
'voices' the
role of praxis and a useful analysis of Gramsci, rather than the Cliff notes'
versions
found in most recent academic work.

Since I've been a reader of  Derluguian, I'm amazed by the comment below:

p28 "To the best of my knowledge, no serious theory of terrorism has
been ever attempted. Perhaps this is because the experts on terrorism
are mostly a variety of criminologists working closely with the
governmental police and intelligence bureaucracies."