Re: unemployment rate
by Dennis L. Blewitt

What I had in mind was a little more complicated than just factoring in the
number of prisoners when calculating unemployment.
For instance:
    Unemployment figures do not count "drop outs" who have given up finding
employment.  How many released drug offenders are likely to be drop outs?
    Police, court personnel, etc would become unemployed if drug enforcement
were moderated.
    Prison personnel would be seeking jobs, etc.
I suspect the difference in rates is greater than adding 1.4 million to the
working population and adjusting the present rate.
    Is anyone aware of any data or estimates concerning these factors?
Dennis L. Blewitt