HM Book Series - Apologies for cross-posting
by Sebastian Budgen
29 December 2001 14:49 UTC

Dear Friend of HM,

hope you are well. This is just a brief note to tell you about the new
arrangement HM now has with its publisher Brill. We have agreed with the
latter to launch a book series alongside the journal, consisting of a new
scholarly monographs and collections, original translations, and reprints of
Marxist classics. We hope also to be able ultimately to produce CD-ROM
translated editions of multivolume works such as the STORIA DEL MARXISMO and
the Historisch-kritisches Wörterbuch des Marxismus.

Brill <www.brill.nl>, for those who don't know it, is a prestigious academic
publisher (founded in the seventeenth century) based in the Netherlands, but
with offices in the US and Japan. Hitherto, they have been particularly
associated with works on religious history, Islamic civilization, Egyptology
and so forth, but they are keen now to expand their social sciences range.
All books in the series would benefit from strong publicity from the
journal, promotional prices amongst subscribers, and would be published at
affordable prices in paperback (as well as a possible hardback edition for
libraries).

If you have ideas for books, in any of these categories, we would be pleased
to hear from you,

Cordially

--
Sebastian Budgen