Re: [A-List] Re: Frank and Jones -- money and oil
by David Schwartzman
21 November 2001 18:36 UTC

Engels didn't really understand the 2nd law. In any case, this law has been
widely misunderstood, with the familar invocation of physical concepts in
social prognostication (physics gets some respect from social scientists and
the lay public even when it is misinterpreted). Georgescu-Roegen/Jeremy
Rifkin/Sarkar are examples. For an extended discussion read my paper Solar
Communism:
http://www.redandgreen.org
Marxism & Ecology
(you might like to check out the other posted articles, e.g., "A World Party
in Our Future?", written a month before 911).