Re: oil, map with eight routes, published May/June 2001
by Mark Douglas Whitaker
27 October 2001 03:56 UTC

Here's a retired U.S. military officer's opinion of the various routes (he
actually has a map of eight routes):

"Hydrocarbons and a New Strategic Region: The Caspian Sea and Central Asia,"
by Lieutenant Colonel Lester W. Grau, US Army, Retire (In Military Review,
"The Professional Journal of the United States Army", May/June, 2001)
http://www.cgsc.army.mil/milrev/English/MayJun01/grau.htm