Re: Their Terrorits and ours
by fl1nt --------
18 October 2001 00:20 UTC

"   it seems to me "Bin Ladenism" is the
ideological expression of social classes driven to despair and madness by
the ruthless, suffocating, crushing weight of that system.

Seeing no alternative, even sections of the toilers,
properly speaking, are drawn to a figure like Osama. But "Bin Ladenism" is
in not "progressive." Under current world conditions it is just an
expression of the extreme decay of the current world social system and an
obstacle to the necessary rebirth of the of world workers movement.  "

What do you mean when you speak about "bin Ladenism"? I don't know if we
have to consider "bin Ladenism" an important point in the current
prospective of the world system analyses. When i look the current situation
in Pakistan i see the 91% of pakistani pepole demonstrate in favour of bin
Laden (or better in favour of Talebans) and against the bombing attack in
Usa. It is quite reductive to draw a conclusion and speak about "bin
Ladenism" like a sort of "new wave" in the Islam world.

Immanuel Wallerstein says (in his last commentarie) that bin Laden's view of
world "would not at all be a better world, even for Muslims".

Now we know that Muslim people claim for an Islam Nation and they have an
accurate idea of what an "islam Nation" would be for the Muslims, for the
pepole all over the world and for the human being in general.
They oppose Islam vs Democracy/Capitalism:

"The truth is that in the absence of an Islamic State to rid the world of
the corruption of man made law, the profane concept of secularism has given
birth to a monster called 'capitalism' together with its ugly features of
freedom, democracy, liberalism and of course, exploitation of human
beings.The US today represents the bastion of Capitalism exploiting more
countries and peoples than any other nation in the history of mankind.
Murder, massacre, rape, pillage and oppression are the tools that feed such
nations, who have no remorse at the deaths of innocent civilians as long as
their interests are secure".

I don't think that a directly consequence of the secularism is the spread of
the capitalistic world system economy (or more probably vice versa), but
it's quite evident that the faith in Reason and in the Certain fail in give
us the right solution for the problem of the modern states (both in the
capitalstic that in the communist block).

The problem of the working class.

Here where I live last year the pakistan community give us a lesson of
strength and coherence: they demostrate day and night without eat for three
months cause they was demanding for "human right" and a regular permit to
stay. OK! I KNOW! They are muslim community not a working class!!! So we
have to see their strength and their struggle like a sort of fanatic
fundamentalism.

fl1nt

(sorry again for my bad English)