radical changes
by Shahijm2
03 October 2001 21:56 UTC

Greetings, all:

I have been assigned to write a paper arguing that globalization has widened the gap between rich and poor countries (that's a given) and that a radical structural change is required (as opposed to a moderate change).  I've read some very material on world systems theory but the authors are strangely reluctant to go proposing any radical change.  Can anyone recommend books/essays/journal articles that discuss radical solutions to the imbalance in the system?  I would be very grateful.

Jane Shahi
P.S.  One solution that has been suggested is debt forgiveness.   I would like to research that and compare it to a few others.