Mysterious war
by Karl Carlile
26 September 2001 15:17 UTC

The war that Washington is to wage is a war that we are not just expected to
support.
It is demanded by Uncle Sam that we support it. Yet this is a war that none of
us
know anything about --except the Pentagon. We are expected to support is a war
the
aims, strategy and tactics of which we know nothing. We are expected to put
lives at
risk and support the loss of lives for a war about which we are told nothing.
Many of
the states signing up for this war know little or nothing about what kind of
war this
is going to be. They cannot be even sure as to what the targets are. What a
contradiction. What kind of states sign up under such conditions? Clearly they
are
venal states that dont really concern themselves with the human consequences of
such
a war. All such states think about is there short term survival even if it
means the
loss of thousands of civilian lives, mass starvation and dislocation. No doubt
some
of them have been offered some carrots in return for their co-operation. They
are
prepared to thousands of civilians put at risk for a carrot or two. It is an
indication too of the power of an imperialism that can coerce states into
signing up
to a war concerning which they know nothing. Clearly this  is  a cause of
concern as
much as, if  not more, than the attack on the Manhattna WTC.

Regards
Karl Carlile (Communist Global Group)
Be free to join our communism mailing list
at http://homepage.eircom.net/~kampf/