News from the antiglobalization front
by SOncu
18 September 2001 17:55 UTC

Just found this in my mail box. Sabri

++++++++++++++

From: "S29 Zapatista Block" <h84413@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 13:06:21 -0400
To: Zapatistablock@riseup.net
Subject: S29 DC Update - Call for Input

In light of the changed circumstances, the Latin America Solidarity
Conference planning committee has postponed the Demonstration against the
Military and Economic US Intervention in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Instead, the planning committee is encouraging people to join actions to
conquer the current threat of war and the racist attacks against members of
the Arab-American community locally and in Washington DC.
The Zapatista Block is re-focusing to support the efforts of an emerging DC
coalition led by the Washington Peace Center and to contribute to an
anti-authoritarian contingent at the Demonstration against War and Racism in
DC on Sept. 29.  We feel that we need to take the changed atmosphere in the
society into account and need your input to answer questions that we have
(how would a group wearing masks be perceived at this point and time etc.).
Please visit the web page

www.geocities.com/zapatistablock

and add your feedback.
In Solidarity,
Daniel Guerin for the S29 Zapatista Block