Re: Bush caused US devastation
by kjkhoo
13 September 2001 19:13 UTC

There are lots of us out here who are watching what's happening with
horror and fear, and who quietly look at what is posted without much
comment as we try to sort through our emotions and thoughts and try
to take in what has actually happened beyond the obvious, and
painful, loss of thousands of lives.

We would much like to read the less facile and smarter, less naive,
analyses that Gunder Frank, Dag Svendsen, Carl and others may have to
offer. Especially now, at what appears, at least in the short to
medium term, to be one of those moments when the managers of the
system (world, world-, global, whatever) have suddenly shifted gears
and trajectory (or perhaps moved more decisively to a trajectory they
might have preferred to have followed but were unable to summon the
necessary consensus). At least it appears to be so from this perch
out here, beyond Blair's "we the democracies".

kj khoo