Re: NY plane crashes
by Carl Nordlund
11 September 2001 16:03 UTC

Alan,

I have just seen the news on TV regarding the terrorist attacks in New York and Washington and I turned on my Internet in order to get more information.

As a PhD student in world-system analysis, I was utterly disgusted and horrified by the way you use the worst terrorist act so far in the democratic world, playing funny word games and discussing how the rhetoric might change in the near future.

Who f--king cares, mr Spector?

And how the f--k can you make such a statement when you admit that you don't know what caused the incident?

Yours not-very-respectfully and quite upset even before reading the Alan-post,

Carl Nordlund
- - -
MA, PhD student
Human Ecology Division, Lund University
www.humecol.lu.se

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, September 11, 2001 3:36 PM
Subject: NY plane crashes

Well, I don't know who or what caused the plane crashes into the World Trade Center. But the casualties will include more than the immediate victims. We can expect to hear the rhetoric of "anti-terrorism" reach a new pitch, and with a government that labels peaceful protestors as terrorists, we can expect to see pressure for more laws suppressing dissent.

Does anyone else smell the "F" word gradually, in steps and stages, moving towards center stage?

(That's "F" for fascism, not the other F word.)

Alan Spector