Real Virus Warning
by Alan Spector
11 September 2001 01:28 UTC

I had EIGHT virus assaults on my computer via e-mail yesterday and today from a "mercedes?" and one more from another person with a strange name like papadogz or something like that, I don't remember because I deleted it.

I don't know if the virus got my address from my connection to any of these lists. I understand that the viruses are "automated" and send themselves out again and again and again without the sender even knowing that their computer is doing it.

I'm just sending this message to warn you all in case it was somehow connected to someone on one of these lists.  The messages always had an attachment with a WEIRD extension, like       file.doc.pif and the message usually, but not always asked for "advice" or said that "this information might be useful."   The attachment is usually long, over 200kilobytes.  This virus has been around for a few months.

I just deleted them without opening the attachment!, and then deleted it again from my trash to get it off the computer.

Beware........

Alan Spector