Report on Morgan Hager, University of Oregon student at Genoa (fwd)
by colin s. cavell
10 August 2001 06:42 UTC

Another eyewitness account of police brutality in Genoa.  Why were the
police unleashed?  Because the ruling class was stunned that thousands of
peaceful protesters have lawfully exercised their human rights, as
guaranteed in the U.N. charter, and decisively stated that for a global
order to be legitimate, it must be democratic.  The present capitalist
global order is undemocratic, is ruled by the rich and for the rich, at
the expense of the world's workers.  Undoubtedly the order was given, and
Berlusconi implemented it:  show these demonstrators to be violent,
characterise them as criminals, bent on unlawful actions against the
legitimate guardians of civilization.

csc