Re: Future of Work & government + + +
by ecopilgrim
03 August 2001 17:21 UTC

Dear David and Everyone -

This is indeed sad news with regard to the sudden demise of Bob Fowler.
Although I had not met him personally, I have heard many good things
about him thru the 'sustainable grapevine'.  I urge those receiving this
message to take a look at the DCAT website, as referenced below by David,
and take a few minutes to pay tribute to someone who was committed to
making a difference thru his words and actions, as was Bob Fowler, by
reading the interview made by ICBO.  May the work that was begun by Bob
be taken up in part and carried on by all of us.

Please see David Eisenberg's message below.

marguerite

Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2001 02:32:08 EDT
Subject: [awpd] Re:  Re: Future of Work & government + + +

Marguerite

Sorry that I have been so out of touch on this list, but I have been
buried with various committments and travel.  I just want to provide a
bit of information - John Glassford is the gentleman doing straw bale
construction in Australia

(Note:  I have removed John's e-mail address here to avoid it being
included on other lists).

Today was one of the toughest days for me in that I learned this morning
that my dear friend Bob Fowler, who was such a great ally in the building

codes community, was killed yesterday in a traffic accident.  This is an
enormous loss both personally and professionally.  If you want to have a
look at why I say that, you can read an interview with Bob and me that
was in the Jan/Feb 2000  issue of ICBO's (International Conference of
Building Officials) magazine, Building Standards linked from the DCAT
homepage at <www.dcat.net>.  He leaves a huge hole in so many places but
a huge legacy as well.  I was extremely fortunate and grateful to have
known Bob and become such close friends, and to have had his deep support

for the work that we do.  His death leaves me deeply saddened.

David Eisenberg

David Eisenberg
Director
P.O. Box 27513
Tucson, Arizona 85726-7513 USA
(520) 624-6628
(520) 798-3701 Fax
David@dcat.net
strawnet@aol.com (direct personal e-mail)
www.dcat.net

The future is not out there in front of us, but inside us. - Joanna Macy

Small business owners...
Tell us what you think!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/vO1FAB/txzCAA/ySSFAA/ZQSolB/TM