Eco / Environmental Indicators (Website, Journal, Sympsium)
by ?? ??t
26 July 2001 21:41 UTC

http://www.ecologicalindicators.org/

Dear Colleagues:

I wanted to bring your attention to a new international website and
corresponding Journal, "ECOLOGICAL INDICATORS:  Integrating Monitoring,
Assessment and Management" (http://www.ecologicalindicators.org). The
website currently hosts information about key works (texts) in the field of
Ecological and Environmental Indicators (click on each text graphic for more
  information), as well as information on forthcoming symposia such as the
"3rd International Symposium on Environmental Indicators and Indices" being
held this October in Rome.  Other links of interest (e.g., EPA's EMAP
program, Environment Canada's EMAN program) can also be found.

Hopefully, you will be interested in 1) reading more about the new Journal,
2) taking my "poll" regarding your interest in indicators / indices, 3)
signing the guest book so that we can learn more about YOUR program(s) so
that we can include this information in future website updates, and 4)
signing in to the EcoLinks FFA link which is one of the only truly
environmental FFAs I have seen (at least read the comments of other programs
readers have left there!).

My website is not supported financially (hence ".org") – just put forth as a
contributing effort to academic, policy and public interests.  Elsevier
Science publishes the hardcopy journal, but a sample issue is free simply by
filling in their request form.  Our first issue should be out in the next
month or so!  I hope you are interested in submitting a manuscript, serving
as a reviewer, or participating in some other way.  I hope to update the
website to include links to the homepages of each member of the Editorial
Board, to have key DOWNLOAD (.pdf) links to free works in the field, and
several pages of related symposia, books, journals, discussion groups and
listservers, et al.

Thank you for your interest.  Please distribute this information to your
colleagues and provide links to the site through appropriate websites,
browsers, and listservers.  My apologies for cross-postings.

POLL: http://www.ecologicalindicators.org/poll
FFA: http://pub34.bravenet.com/freelink/show.php?usernum=2835158368&cpv=1

Most Sincerely,

D. Eric Hyatt