Re: Hardt & Negri on Genoa
by Louis Proyect
23 July 2001 18:03 UTC

At 01:57 AM 7/24/01 +0800, kjkhoo@pop.jaring.my wrote:
>But how would one explain the Philippines? Or the differential
>social, economic and political performances of the various states --
>we really are not all grey, you know? Or the fact that the timing of
>the surge in the rest of E Asia occurred post-1985 by which time
>communism was pretty much moribund -- at least in E Asia, but
>probably in Europe as well.

There are of course variations within East Asia. My point however is that
geopolitical realities dictated a different outcome in East Asia as a whole
than in Africa as a whole.

>is what truly perturbs me. Don't you think it a little sad that I
>should find a Stiglitz rather than someone like yourself a little
>more enlightening? Because, believe it or not, my sympathies are
>actually more with you than a Stiglitz.

Not at all. I am trying to win fire-breathing activists to my point of
view. I can not be all things to all people, especially with my obnoxious
personality.

Louis Proyect