Cheap housing at ASA (fwd)
by Martha Gimenez
16 July 2001 16:51 UTC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 09:37:25 -0500
From: Eric Boria <eboria@netnitco.net>
Subject: Cheap housing at ASA

Please forward this to anyone you know who might take advantage of the
following opportunity. Do not let this fall for lack of participation.

To the budget-strapped crowd, of which we all are, the following is an
announcement from the Marxist section to provide us cheap housing for this
year's annual meeting in Anaheim. The M section will rent a suite, we can
get a 2 br at the Anahiem hotel for 360.nite + tax.....1 br has  a king, 1
br has 2 queens. Thats 6-7 people who don't mind sharing a bed, perhaps with
a stranger. You need not be a member of Marxist section. But do get back to
me asap.

Then there should be floor room for the sleeping bags for the even lower
budget crowd. (Sorry about reproducing class relations, sort of like
capitalism, titanic, globalization, 2 classes, those who sleep on beds,
those who sleep on floor)

With about 10 people, it should run about 30 -40 nite, and note, there is a
refrigerator, coffee maker so you can save on breakfest, keep you cokes and
last nite's pizzas cold.

This will give the Msection a hospitality suite for the entire conference
and a place to have our party w/o rip off hotel charges.

If interested, let me know. I will ask folks to pay up front since our
treasury is strained and we can't afford no shows, no pays. Further would
like to have folks for all 4 nites, 17,   18, 19,  20, out on 21. I am not a
travel agent so it would be too hard  to get   one person for first three
nites, another for last 2 or ???

It's a great way to meet people, make new friends, learn what's happening
and devote life to critique/overthrow of capital.  Think of it as summer
camp for lefties-but no campfires allowed in room.

We need at least four more people to make this opportunity go. So if you
know of anyone who could potentially take advantage of this opportunity,
contact Dr. Langman or Eric Boria asap.

Please reply to the following email:
eboria@netnitco.net
LLPSN@aol.com

Everything happens again and again because everything happens for the first
time
*
Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your
enthusiasm