Forwarded from Nestor (HHRR)
by Louis Proyect
16 July 2001 15:02 UTC

Dear Lou,

1. I am having problems with my ISP still another time, so that I will
reduce my participation to a minimum until I can get in touch from my home
again.

2. But I wanted to express my full support to the ideas advanced by the
Colombian correspndent and, yes (noblesse oblige), A G Frank on the
perverted role of HHRR organizations, particularly in Latin America.

I have not seen any HHRR organization defend the economic rights of the
Argentineans, nor the hundreds, perhaps thousands, of rank and file union
members who were abducted, tortured and murdered after 1976.

Generally, the latter were "defended" only if their relatives agreed to be
industrialized in order to destroy the Argentinean Armed Forces and blame
them for the disaster, or to enforce imperialist ("humanitarian") law on
Argentina.

If you ask me, there was more respect for human rights in Father Leonardo
Castellani, the half-crazed priest who searched for Satan in the writings
of Marx, but who helped dozens of Marxist or Peronist militants out of the
country, than in these HHRR organizations.

Lic. Néstor M. Gorojovsky

Louis Proyect