Re: Hardt-Negri's "Empire": a Marxist critique, part 4
by Peter Grimes
10 July 2001 06:04 UTC

I would like to thank Louis for sharing his review of and thoughts about
the "Empire" book.  This kind of work is among the things that I enjoy
about the best of WSN--thought provoking evaluations of contemporary
theory formation.  I had been completely unaware of the existence of the
book and the comotion it seems to have caused until Louis' contribution.
While I have no intention of reading the book (because of Louis' attack),
at least now I know that it exists & will have some sense of it should it
come up in discussion.

One technical point: any subscribers to WSN who reply to a message need
only confirm that the reply be sent to ALL recipients to know that their
response will appear publicly on WSN.  Alternatively, to be on the safe
side one can avoid using the "reply" function altogether and stick instead
to the "compose" function.  That method will respond to both the list AND
the original poster.

Cheers,
Peter Grimes