Re: VIRUS: RE: Edward Said: "Defiance, Dignity and the Rule of Do
by Ramirez,L (pgt)
21 May 2001 10:27 UTC

The number of Virus circulating in this mailing list is unusually large.  As
someone else mentioned earlier, you should protect your work against this
potentially destructive virus. If you do not have the latest antivirus -I
know it's nasty to promote these software merchants, but it's however
necessary-  try to avoid opening e-mails with attached files. Read e-mails
without opening them using the "preview" option available in the most
popular e-mail software e.g. Outlook. Keep your most important academic and
personal work backed up in diskettes or CD's. If you are working within an
institutional network e.g. within an University, ask the IT people to check
if your computer has the latest antivirus properly installed.

Finally, and just in case, I think it's not a bad idea that the
administrators of this mailing list could make a "census" of the members. It
may be the case that someone is spreading virus. No need to be worried but
it seems that we could be under electronic surveillance and 'disciplinary'
hacker activity. That would be shameful although not totally unexpected.
Obviously that should not stop the interesting discussions carried out in
this place!

Greetings from London

Luis Ramirez