American Hegemony?
by ssherman

From the New York Times, here is George W. Bush Jr. last weekend, sounding
much more like a nineteenth century 'great game' imperialist than a twentieth
century 'we are the leaders of the free world' American hegemonist let alone a
twenty first century Neo-Kautskyite who believes in the unity of interest
among global capital:  In a comment unlikely to strengthen his friendships
among America's European and  Asian allies, he said he was focusing on a
regional accord so that "we can combine  in a common market so we can compete
in the long term against the Far East and
Europe."