Re: Benefits of Globalization? Dear Paul
by moh yasir alimi

Dear Paul,
I agree with you that globalization could give
economic benefits. However,I want to argue that
generally these benefits and welfare are limited to
male smale elites. A recent research in The University
of Hull where I studied, proves that globalization
does not give benefits to British white women. In the
national project of "white paper", their access to
education is emphasised in order to make globalization
works for women. But in the research it is found that
women are educated just to be cheap labour needed in
the globalisation.

Another example. In Britain, some flowers sold in
supermarkets are actually from Africa. In Africa,
these flowers, used in Britain as language of love and
respect, are planted and maintained under "an unhuman
condition". Because, unhealthy and poisonous chemicals
dangerous for human body are used. What I want to say
is that in globalization, poor workers give more than
what they receive. they have less economic  advantages
than the disadvantages.

Thank you

Regards,
Yasir