Re: "rise of china" and wst [resend]
by Richard K. Moore

this never echoed back to my inbox, sorry if this is a duplicate.
rkm

3/1/2001, Krishnendu Ray wrote:
>But let me first quote Wallerstein: "World-systems analysis... is not a theory
>but a protest against neglected issues and deceptive epitemologies." Central
>to his epistemological critique is his call to "unthink" the 19th.c.
>foundations of the social sciences = the nation-state as the unit of analysis.

Fair enough, but beware the 'pendulum phenomenon'.  That is, we all have a
tendency, when rejecting the 'old', to swing the pendulum too far the other way.

If the purpose of this list is _only to pursue world-system analysis, then we
should keep our blinders on.  If on the other hand we want to _supplement other
analytical frameworks with w-s analysis, then that is another matter.

rkm