Re: A MANIFESTO FOR GLOBAL TRANSFORMATION
by Paul Riesz

To RKM (cyberjournal):
At 01:54 p.m. 19/01/01 +0000, you wrote:
"We have an immense amount of information about hunter-gatherer societies,
and some of the most useful is about the Native American societies, because
they were studied extensively and documented while they were still
functioning on a large scale."

I admit not to have yet read the rest of your manifesto, because I believe
that trying to revive a society of largely independent small communities on
the hunter-gatherer model, simply could not supply the most basic needs of
the present number of humans.
For that purpose it is vital to use the comparative advantages of each
region for mutual exchange even more, than is already the case to-day,
which needs some kind of supervising authority.
That does not mean that I agree with the present model of globalization,
that benefits multinational corporations almost exclusively.
I know that I am repeating myself, insisting on this point and on the need
to also address the immense problem caused by an exponentially growing
population with a static supply of unrenewable resources, but these are
facts that you continue to overlook with your proposals.

Your ideas could only work for the survivors of a worldwide disaster in
which more than 90% of humanity would be killed.

I do agree with you, that our present model of society should be replaced
with something better, but it should be something applicable to the WHOLE
of humanity and compatible with a viable environment.

My recommendation: back to the drawing board.
Regards               Paul