Fwd: RE: setting up a comparative environmental sociology 'network' for SSHA--anyone interested for next year?
by Mark Douglas Whitaker

Any takers for forming this network through SSHA? Contact me and I'll keep
a running list of respondants and contact them about it. Only 20-30 or so
required.

Regards,

Mark Whitaker
University of Wisconsin-Madison

>From: Social Science History Association <SSHA@MAIL.ECU.EDU>
>To: "'Mark Douglas Whitaker '" <mrkdwhit@wallet.com>
>Subject: RE: setting up a comparative environmental sociology 'network' fo
>       r SSHA
>Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:29:18 -0500
>
>Hello Mark,  I suggest that you organize a session on your topic with 3 or 4
>papers, a chair and 1 or 2 discussants (the urban or politics networks
>chairs may be able to help you round out your session).  Then submit your
>session proposal online.
>   At this point, we cannot list your topic on the ssha network page, these
>are planned, organized, and advertised far ahead of time.  If you are
>interested in forming your own network in the future, you should find 20-30
>people who are interested and willing to be actively involved in comparative
>historical environmental sociology.  Then contact the program chairs over a
>year in advance, so you can be scheduled and meet with your group at the
>ssha conference to plan sessions for the next year's conference.  Good Luck
>with your session.
>  Don Parkerson
>  SSHA 2001 Program Chair

else has something to present regarding different social constructions of
the same Michigan valley as different political knowledge regimes and land
uses changed.