RE: Praxis
by Richard K. Moore

1/12/2001, Boles (office) wrote:
    > There is hope in the movements against corporate
    globalization.  But the movements, even at this relative
    high point, are having a difficult time putting forth a
    project which goes beyond contra globalization or the
    collapse of legitimacy, to pro-something.  I would guess the
    movements must at once must be "universalist" insofar as
    there is some uniting threads that appeal to many which can
    provide something for the "proliferating local
    particularizes exemplified by the multiculturalist rubric,"
    without subjugating those multiculturalisms, but also offer
    something more than material social-equality, which may
    provide sufficient legitimacy as a movement against
    inequalities of all kinds, but which falls well short of an
    encompassing project.

Dear M Boles,

I wonder if you realize that you and I are talking about exactly
the same thing?

rkm