Re: hardt&negri's "empire"
by Richard K. Moore

1/10/2001, Richard N Hutchinson wrote:
    > But I don't expect to find anything to challenge any
    variant of world-system theory for one simple reason --
    Negri has never incorporated the "polarization of actually
    existing capitalism" (Amin's term) into his theory.

Dear Richard H,

Would you be so kind as to articulate in simple terms the
principle of the "polarization of actually existing capitalism"?
I don't suppose an anecdotal example would go amiss either.

I've trudged through some of 'Empire' and found it refreshing, much
like a cryptic crossword is refreshing.  If someone could articulate
the essential thesis, it would be read with appreciation.

grateful,
rkm