Re: Conclusions
by Richard K. Moore

1/8/2001, Sabri wrote:
    > Michael and I go quite a while back. Indeed, he is quite a
    productive person

Dear Sabri,

I apologize for the 'productive work' quip.  Pointless,
really. I certaingly didn't mean to imply anything about
Michael generally, or as a person.   I resent ad-hominem
attacks, and such a quip makes me guilty of the same thing.
Sorry.

    > I also have some experience in dealing with cyber
    crusaders like you Richard

What bothers me about most of these crusaders is that they
show little interest in listening, or learning, or engaging
in dialog.  They've got their frozen analysis, which they
try to sell as a final answer, and their thinking never
seems to evolve from that point.  It is them I feel sorry
for, even more than the folks who are forced to reach for
their Delete buttons.

My objective, on the other hand, is to engage in dialog.
Over the years I've learned a lot from WSN, as well as from
other venues, and my analysis has evolved considerably as a
result.  Richard Hutchinson invited me to summarize my current
thesis, in its relationship to world-systems analysis, and I
have done so.  If there's a general feeling that my thesis
is a waste of time, then this would be a perfect opportunity
for people to point out its (presumably obvious) flaws.

best regards,
rkm