< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

role of Third World governments

by g kohler

28 December 2000 22:10 UTC

Richard Hutchinson wrote 27 Dec 2000:

...snip>
I agree that the positive potential of the semiperiphery, based on its
class position, will be realized via states, state structures.

However you'll have to say more to persuade me that many of the existing
states are very likely to be the vehicles for radical transformation.
...snip>

QUESTION:
Richard -
Here is a program of action by the governments of the G77 countries (comprising 134 states, including China and India). The G77 are presumably promoting the material interests of the developing countries with this program of action. What would be your main points of critique of this program? (I see a fair number of valuable points in it - e.g., they are even investigating the possibility of an Anti World Bank, albeit by another name.)

http://www.g77.org/summit/ProgrammeofAction_G77Summit.htm

Gernot Kohler