< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: [PEN-L:5702] NACLA and Colombia

by Paul Broome

11 December 2000 10:41 UTC

>  >
>Paul,
>So, taking your argument a tiny step further, I presume we (humans) are
>all bourgeois and (or) postmodernist now. This being the case, someone
>really ought to announce it to those persistently revolting masses in the
>third world.
>John Enyang,

John

Probably I mistook your use of the word 'revolt' for 'revolution'.
While it is true many citizens around the world are involved in many
types of social disobedience or revolt, I think hardly any of them
constitute a revolution. The fact that people do not revolt does not
make them a member of the bourgeoisie - the fact they are not
revolting does not mean they own either the means of their
production, or the control of their ideas.

BTW, I wish people would drop the term 'Third World' - it is no
longer politically or anylitically correct and people in the South
generally find it a derogatory term, as they do 'developing country'.

Comradely, Paul.

--

"The Macintosh isn't a computer...

Tel (Work):+44 (0)178 444 3574