< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: philosophical/theoretic explanation

by Paul Broome

07 December 2000 17:17 UTC

>There seems to be an opportunity for folks of a theoretical
>bent, who may not want to join the actions, to participte with activist
>groups on an ongoing basis.  That might lead to cross-pollenization in
>more than one dimension.
>
>And then there's activism among theorticians, which we need more of.

Precisely. Theory is all well and good (I wouldn't be a an academic
if I thought otherwise) but - and especially where global injustice
is concerned - theory is insufficient and will have to give way to
(or at least proceed) to action if any successful outcome is to be
reached. One only has to look at the recent debacle at the Hague for
example of how taking often achieves little. At the end of the day,
someone has to DO something.

Paul.

--

"The Macintosh isn't a computer...