< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: philosophical/theoretic explanation

by SOncu

05 December 2000 06:56 UTC

In a message dated 00-12-04 23:24:21 EST, richard@cyberjournal.org writes:

>  What bothers me is all the activists and academics who are on one island or
>  another and  don't talk to one another. Academic specialization is the
>  epitome.
>
>  I'm trying to learn how to communicate with people in other
>  worlds, because I think that is the key to what is needed.
>

>  rkm

Believe it or not Richard, but I agree with you on this. I wouldn't say it is
just the "academic specialization" but it is the specialization in general.
If I so choose, I can speak with a language that no one (unless they are
mathematicians) on this list can follow.

But what is the point?

I dearly remember trying to make sense out of this person called Zizek, whom
many hold in high regard, for hours and hours. But once you understand what
he is trying to say, it turns out that what he is saying is not all that
complicated. It is the way he is saying it that is complicated.

Who knows? Maybe one day, we will start to talk to each other and learn to
communicate better for a better world.

Anyway! Back to work!

Best,
Sabri