< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: philosophical/theoretic explanation

by Richard K. Moore

01 December 2000 20:23 UTC

11/30/2000, ilagardien@worldbank.org wrote:
    > the best single philosophical/theoretic explanation of
    this phenomenon, is in the Communist Manifesto.
        STARTS: "The need of a constantly expanding market for its
    products chases the bourgeoisie over the entire surface of
    the globe. It must nestle everywhere, settle everywhere,
    establish connections everywhere.

Dear Ismail,

If we look at the full quote (excerpted above) in isolation, I
don't see anything I would call philosophical or theoretical.
It is simply an objective observation of the operations
of capitalism and imperialism, which the British Empire
exemplified in Marx's day, and which is even more obvious
today.

What did I miss?

rkm