< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: Thinking out loud

by ilagardien

30 November 2000 19:52 UTC

Richard

I don't think that there is a disdain, or disregard for outside culture as you
suggest. This is an unfair assertion which creates the wrong impression; of
ideological, or intellectual intolerance and occlusion. This is certainly not
what this list is about - at least not in my experience.

What you have encountered is forceful and critical thinking about your statement
about what you described as the Thatcher/Reagan revolution and of your very use
of the word revolution. Surely you (or anyone else) can't expect people to roll
over and fetch everytime a statement is made on this list - it will be so
boring, if we all sang from the same sheet music.

If there were any ideological backlash against you, i will have pointed to the
misery those two critters sowed on the Developing World and their
relationship(s) with some of the worst dictatorships and bloody murderers during
the 1980s... their funding of right-wing terror in Angola, Somalia, Nicaragua
and their support for the apartheid regime (which kept people like Mandela in
prison) ...

So, let's keep it at your conception of revolution and your assertion that
Maggie and Ronnie did, in fact, start a revolution, in a manner of speaking.

Ismail

Ismail Lagardien
World Bank Institute
J4-163
1818 H Street
Washington DC
20433
USA

202 473 9603

Visit the World Bank Institute's Website
http://www.worldbank.org/wbi/