< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

RE: Possible virus--beware of "Navidad" as an attachment

by Mark.Smith

13 November 2000 16:04 UTC

This message from my server might be of interest to the list; it odentifies
the virus type.

-----Original Message-----
From:   System Attendant
Sent:   13 November 2000 14:34
Subject:        ScanMail Message: To Recipient, action taken by attachment
blocking.

ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange has blocked a file attachment(s).
Place = WSN
Sender = Frangos Pavlos
Subject = The case for globalisation - The Economist
Delivery Time = November 13, 2000 (Monday) 14:33:52

Action on file attachment(s):
"TROJ_NAVIDAD.A" virus was found in attachment "Navidad.exe", ScanMail has
moved the attachment to G:\virus-hospital.
Message from recipient's administrator:
Warning to sender. ScanMail has blocked a file during a real-time scan of
the email traffic.