< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Edward Said - American Zionism (3)

by KSamman

11 November 2000 17:43 UTC

Thanks Wagar for that reply.

I agree: Post 1948 Jewish Zionism is first and foremost to
blame for its deadly arrogance towards the Palestinians.
Our historical analysis is only intended to complicate the
present stereotype of a simple binary conflict between Jews
and Arabs to one that incorporates the colonialist impact on
the region, and hence to discredit the present image of the
US as an honest peace broker, the one that brings these
two squabbling groups together.

On the contrary, our historical analysis is based on the premise
that the US and Europe have been involved in the region for
sometimes now, not on the side of peacemakers but as crusaders,
past and present.

Khaldoun