< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: There are many solutions that haven't been thought of

by Bagelhole1

13 July 2000 17:41 UTC

In a message dated 7/12/00 9:16:36 PM, karim@rnet.com writes:

<<O.K, O.K, it all sounds fine and dandy.  But how are you going to do it?

The bourgeoisie, the state, the imperialism will sit on their hands and

watch you passively when you build up your great anarchist paradise?  I

guess not.  They will resist you tooth and nail, or even better they will

absorb you, as they have incorporated a big part of sixties radicalism as

harmless fashion statements. I don't mean to disrespect your visionary zeal,

but look, some autonomous organic food growing community here and there do

not threaten global capitalism in any meaningful fashion. And once you

really begin to threaten them they will try to suppress you whatever way

they can.

You answer your concern in your statement. <<some autonomous organic food
growing community here and there do not threaten global capitalism in any
meaningful fashion.>> <<And once you

really begin to threaten them they will try to suppress you whatever way

they can.>>

We will not be threatening them, we will quietly build in the shadow of the
skyscraper. If progressives would just do it.

The answers are here, lets start implementing them and make it happen.
Talking is necessary and good but it can become a form of procrastination and
denial.

If there are no flaws that anyone can point out in the logic, lets do it.

<<Do I know how to accomplish global revolution?  No, I don't. I am not even

sure whether the classical marxist vision of revolution as a cataclysmic

event has any relevance for today's world any longer.  All I can say is that

if we are really serious about a qualitatively different social system, its

not going to be all Sunday school, all harmony and local community building

e, and I am afraid, something more

unpleasant than that.>>

We need to exemplify what we want every step of the way. Its a joyful
obligation, and I believe an obligation to be joyful (in a real way). I'm
sick of serious asshole, controlfreaks (not referring to you Manjur), taking
over the power positions, the media, etc in every group. These are the truly
uncreative and unfun. At every rally, you have one on the mike, going hey
how, etc., truly boring, unmusical chants, its a strange phenomenon if you
think about it. Your concerns about the unpleasantness and the seriousness
may be well founded, but it is up to us to make sure its not that way.

Love to Everyone,
Tom (aka Mofwoofoo Woofuaza)
www.bagelhole.org