< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Anti-immigration assumptions (fwd)

by Georges Drouet

23 June 2000 11:57 UTC

>Enviromental degregation, sexism, racism, are the evils of capitalism, and
>they will remain so as long as the system is capitalist. We are
>capitalist, we are sexist, we are racist. there is no excuse. WE NEED TO
>CHANGE THE SYSTEM IN ORDER TO CHANGE TO OURSELVES AND CHANGE OURSELVES IN
>ORDER TO CHANGE THE SYSTEM...
>
>that is what I say...
>
>Mine Doyran, SUNY/Albany, Politics, Phd student

We need to change the system, that's right! How will we change it? That's
the question. You speak about environmental degradation, sexism, racism and
you also probably mean a long list of other troubles and fanatisms: child
labours, slavery, torture, rape, wars, hunger, aids, and so on...

Why don't we try to leapfrog from the point of view based on the results
and try to understand the reasons, the world system reasons...

Abuses have their origine on economical control of world's wealths. And
violences against humanity at large (human beings, animals, Nature) are
linked to these abuses.

If, instead of going downward to the results of this fight for wealth, we
go upward to the systemic origin, we'll find that the system is based on
competition in between the stocmarket values of the transnational
companies. If the benefit of a company didn't correspond to the markets'
hope, and more specifically to the shareholders' hopes, the capital would
fly to another share.

Based on this reality, the decision-makers of the major companies are
obliged to succeed on their never ending quest for a new benefit. That
includes every kind of strategy: commercial tricks, international capital
movements to provoke developing countries' currency devaluation, war-lord
funding to dump commodities prices in exchange of arms credit, child labour
on dangerous conditions, psychologic harassment , money laundering from
illegal activities, price transfer to avoid taxes, and so on...

Is there an alternative solution, I mean a global solution? I have been
working a lot an that issue, as many of us are doing. I read so many books,
I spent nights deciphering econometric formulas and days scaning databases,
I have talked to so many people and all the answer stumble on the same
problem: competition.

A lot of voices arise to ask for a change, but few make a real proposal...

To solve our world problem we need a global answer. One of this answer is
explained in http://www.simpol.org

It's both simple and ambitious, and it could work... Spend five minutes and
think about it.

Thank you.

Visit our site: http://www.simpol.org
_____________