< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: US Immigration & Population (fwd)

by Michael Pugliese

16 June 2000 02:11 UTC

   There was a rancorous debate in the Sierra Club on this a few years back.
Here is some background on the far right elements on the fringe of the
immigration restriction side. BTW, not that I agree with them, but good
friends of mine with a background in carpenters union and New Left politics
(Ca. Peace and Freedom Party) after reading the "Population Bomb, " book of
the Ehrlich's back in the 70's have been sold on the need for population
reduction. Immigration I've never discussed with them. So, while I'd have a
hunch that most espoucing such positions are on the right, I wouldn't be
surprised to find center and left-liberal or "progressive" advocates too.
                                                 Michael Pugliese
http://www.igc.org/peg/imm_env/expose.html

Wooing the Sierra Club:
Anti-Immigration Groups Make Unlikely Suitors

----

A Special Report From the Political Ecology Group

Click the URL, don't want to send all that bandwidth...