< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: Hard Science

by Andrew Wayne Austin

07 June 2000 21:30 UTC

Carl,

On what basis can we say that all interpretations are the same? Only by
denying that the world out there confirms or disconfirms our claims about
it. Our hard sensuous bodies make the external world impossible to deny.

I am reminded of something Alan Spector said probably 5 years ago,
something to the effect of: "Yes, you can lie with statistics. But you can
really lie without them."

Andrew Austin
Knoxville, TN