< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

Re: new paradigm in pop policy (fwd)

by Richard N Hutchinson

05 June 2000 20:32 UTC

Mary, Mine & List-

Obviously population control should be voluntary, both on ethical grounds,
and because it will be more effective.

But I want to challenge what I see as faulty logic -- just because
population control is being pushed by evil forces, it does not follow that
unrestricted population growth is good!

It seems an obvious irony to me that some on the left apparently side with
the Catholic Church, the Mormon Church and other well-known progressive
forces on this issue.

Now I can see the emotions kicking in and overriding logic.  Be very
clear, I'm not saying you share their ideology, but you wind up
advocating the same dangerous position -- unlimited population growth.
After all, the only problem is capitalism, not population.  (It would be
refreshing if you could make the same distinction that I'm making between
advocating a position and the ideology behind it.)

RH