< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

dogmatism

by Richard N Hutchinson

01 June 2000 23:12 UTC

Colin-

The problem really has nothing to do with the content of Andrew Austin's
posts, as noted by Randy Groves.

The problem is that he is dogmatic, meaning that he turns every debate
into one in which he becomes the Grand Inquisitor and we all become
apostates who he rails against as being totally, utterly morally
reprehensible because we will not submit to his orthodoxy.

He tends to stake out an extreme position (no such thing as
overpopulation? what planet does he send e-mail from?), and then sneers
at everyone else, and call us pro-capitalist reactionaries.

Why are you defending him, anyway?  Are you his lawyer, fellow sect
member, or what?  (I have nothing against sects per se, mind you, just
dogmatism, which they seem prone to in my experience.)

RH