< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

HES: CFP -- Shell Games: Scams, Frauds and Deceits (1300- (fwd)

by md7148

27 May 2000 17:13 UTC

From:    Richard Gorrie <rgorrie@uoguelph.ca>
Subject: HES: CFP: Shell Games: Scams, frauds and deceits (1300-
1650)
Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 17:48:04 CDT

>Shell Games: Scams, frauds and deceits (1300-1650)

>Schemes calculated to deceive

This multi-disciplinary conference will explore the practice of
deception in late medieval and early modern cultures and ask how
those who study the past can use such schemes as a vehicle to
advance our understanding of the intellectual, economic, social and
political climate of the period.

>The conference is scheduled to take place 28-29 April 2001, at
Victoria College in the University of Toronto. Conference organizers
invite submissions for 20 minute papers. Deadline is 30 June 2000.
Abstracts should be no more than 150 words.  Submissions should
be made electronically and include a one-page (max.) C.V. to:

>Richard Raiswell and Mark Crane
c/o Centre for Reformation and Renaissance Studies

>e-mail: crrs_toronto@hotmail.com

>Possible topics include, but are not limited to the following:
Fraud and deceit in:

cartography
commerce
diplomacy