< < < Date > > > | < < < Thread > > >

[Fwd: new viruses...]

by S DE

19 May 2000 11:34 UTC

Dear user,
                There are a large no. of viruses active now-a-days,
including "I LOVE YOU" virus.
The list is given below, if you see any of these mails then delete
immediately.

Regards.

-System Administrator

Description
There are a growing number of variants of this worm being transmitted
via email attachment. The most common are:
SUBJECT: "ILOVEYOU"
MESSAGE: "kindly check the attached LOVELETTER coming from me."

SUBJECT: "Virus ALERT!!!"
MESSAGE: A long message that pretends to be information from Symantec
Corp. about VBS/LoveLetter.worm

SUBJECT: "Dangerous Virus Warning"
MESSAGE: "There is a dangerous virus circulating. Please click attached
picture to view it and learn to avoid it."

SUBJECT: "Joke"
MESSAGE: NONE

SUBJECT: "Important ! Read carefully !!"
MESSAGE: "Checked the attached IMPORTANT coming from me !"

SUBJECT: "Mothers Day Order Confirmation"
MESSAGE: "We have proceeded to charge your credit card for the amount of
$326.92 for the mothers day diamond special. We have attached a detailed
invoice to this email. Please print out the attachment and keep it in a
safe place.Thanks Again and Have a Happy Mothers Day!"

SUBJECT: "Susitikim shi vakara kavos puodukui..."
MESSAGE: "kindly check the attached LOVELETTER coming from me."

This worm attempts to send copies of itself through mIRC to the IRC
channels and through Outlook to all address book entries. It then
attempts to overwrite several types of files, including .jpg and .mp3.

VBS/LoveLetter.worm also attempts to download and install an executable
file that will email any cached passwords it finds to a predetermined
address.